|The Care and Feeding of ISDN4BSD|
|6 Configuring the isdn||6 Configuring the isdn||6.1.1 The System Configuration|
6.1 The isdnd.rc Configuration File Format
The isdnd.rc file is a normal ASCII file. A line starting with the character ``#'' starts a comment line. An empty line or a line starting with a blank is ignored. The general syntax for all configuration statements in this file is
keyword = value
where keyword starts in column 1 and may be followed by no, one or more spaces or tabs, followed by the equal sign ``='', which may be followed by no, one or more spaces or tabs and a valid value for this keyword.
The configuration file must have at least two sections, a system section started with the keyword system (without an equal sign and a value) followed by no, one or more system configuration statements. The sytem section may be followed by a controller section started with the keyword controller (without an equal sign and a value) followed by no, one or more controller configuration statements.The controller section (if present;otherwise the system section) must be followed by one or more entry sections started with the keyword entry (again without an equal sign and a value). Each entry section contains several entry section configuration statements.
- 6.1.1 The System Configuration Section
- 6.1.2 The Controller Configuration Section
- 6.1.3 The Entry Configuration Section
- 6.1.4 Idletime Calculation for Incoming Calls
- 6.1.5 Configuring Simple Mode for Outgoing Calls
- 6.1.6 Configuring Fixed Unit-Length Short hold Mode for Outgoing Calls
- 6.1.7 Configuring Variable Unit-Length Short hold Mode for Outgoing Calls