PRs for tag 'ulpt'
This is an experimental report containing PRs for tag 'ulpt' as of 5-30-2014. GNATS has no finer-grained categorization than 'kern', 'bin', 'ports', and so forth. To augment this, the bugmeisters have adopted the convention of adding '[<tagname>]' to the Synopsis field. Consider this a prototype of a better search function.
This report is generated statically.
Please give feedback on this report to linimon@FreeBSD.org. Thanks.
PRs for tag 'ulpt':
|o||2008/08/22||usb/126740||usb||[ulpt] doesn't work on 7.0-RELEASE, 10 second stall before failure|
|o||2008/04/06||usb/122483||usb||[panic] [ulpt] Repeatable panic in 7.0-STABLE|
|o||2007/09/11||usb/116282||usb||[ulpt] Cannot print on USB HP LJ1018 or LJ1300|
|o||2007/08/08||usb/115298||usb||[ulpt] [panic] Turning off USB printer panics kernel|
|o||2006/03/20||usb/94717||usb||[ulpt] Reading from /dev/ulpt can break work of a UHCI hub|
|o||2006/01/20||usb/92052||usb||[ulpt] usbd causes defunct process with busy file-handle|
|o||2006/01/09||usb/91538||usb||[ulpt] [patch] Unable to print to EPSON CX3500|
|o||2004/08/30||usb/71155||usb||[ulpt] misbehaving usb-printer hangs processes, causes panics|
Bugs can be in one of several states:
- o - open
- A problem report has been submitted, no sanity checking performed.
- a - analyzed
- The problem is understood and a solution is being sought.
- f - feedback
- Further work requires additional information from the originator or the community - possibly confirmation of the effectiveness of a proposed solution.
- p - patched
- A patch has been committed, but some issues (MFC and / or confirmation from originator) are still open.
- r - repocopy
- The resolution of the problem report is dependent on a repocopy operation within the CVS repository which is awaiting completion.
- s - suspended
- The problem is not being worked on, due to lack of information or resources. This is a prime candidate for somebody who is looking for a project to do. If the problem cannot be solved at all, it will be closed, rather than suspended.
- c - closed
- A problem report is closed when any changes have been integrated, documented, and tested -- or when fixing the problem is abandoned.