jhb's token home page
My main home page is already mirrored in several other places, so I
feel no need to slap another copy up here.
Various subdirectories off of here that may or may not be of
- A HTML'ified copy of Intel's Programmer's Manual for the 386.
This is a very educational read for those who want to learn about
the IA32 architecture.
- More in the past, but now just a very simple x86 "bootstrap"
that is useful for testing.
- Example kernel config file and part of a sys/conf/files
replacement for a possible new style that the new config(8)
- Various documents.
- Various pictures of Bill Paul (wpaul) in the BSDi/WC office.
- Some handy gdb(1) scripts for kernel debugging.
- New man pages that are pending review.
- Various FreeBSD patches. Some are detailed below.
- Various pictures.
- Various new ports I haven't gotten around to committing yet.
- Various screenshots of my machines.
- Various shell scripts. buildrelease is useful.
This is a list of the pending patches I have not yet gotten
commited. Not all of them are necessarily in state to be
- This is all of the kernel patches currently on my laptop.
It may not always be up to date, it won't always run properly,
and it won't even compile all the time. I don't even dare to
run this all the time, so unless I've told you it is ok and
that I'm running it, only use for reference to see what I'm up
- Patch to teach src/share/mk/bsd.prog.mk how to link C++ programs
- Patch to src/release/sysinstall/ to add Vinum drives as a
partition type in the disk label editor.
- This somewhat stale patch #ifdef's out the support for a.out binares
from boot2. This is useful when you are doing BTX debugging since
you can't fit a full boot2 and a BTX with debugging enabled into the
limited amount of space that the x86 disklabel allows.
- This rather stale patch adds a crapload of extra debugging to BTX.
Use of this patch requires boot2_noaout.patch when used with boot2.
- This patch reworks the way kern_shutdown.c runs interrupt threads
during shutdown to use micruptime() to enfore a real time limit while
we wait for the buffers to sync instead of calling DELAY() after
running all the ithreads and assuming they don't take up any time
- Script to kill all processes not owned by root, daemon, kmem, or
a logged in user. If it is called as 'listresidentprocs', then it
only lists procs that it would kill instead of killing them.
- Script used in my picoBSD clone floppy to copy slices and/or MBR's
of hard disks over the network.
- A proposed formalization of the FreeBSD release engineering
- The current version of a plan to reorganize the sys/ kernel source
directory to be more sane. Unfortunately, no progress has been made
since no one is willing to make the necessary repo-copies.
- An overview of the FreeBSD boot process that was originally written
for the yet-to-be-committed Developer's Handbook. It mostly just
covers the x86 bootstrap.
- Very simple image I made in povray. Obviously, I'm just getting
started with that.
- A disk image of my picoBSD clone floppy, based on 3.2-stable. For
more info on how it works, look at the remote-clone script. This
floppy assumes that it can get IP's via DHCP. If you don't have DHCP,
then you will have to manually run ifconfig(8) on your network
- The DHCP server configuration file used on the DHCP server
for the BSDCon 2000 terminal room. All of the workstations
booted via PXE with NFS root filesystems.
- Fun with function pointers.
$Date: 2008/06/26 22:17:40 $