FreeBSD SMPng has begun!
Related web pages:
FreeBSD supports Symmetric MultiProcessor kernels in the following releases:
The hlt benchmarks.
Some recent benchmarks.
Message of the day:
- 4.20.2000: Improved support for multiple IO APICs added to 5.0-CURRENT.
- 4.21.2000: Improved support for multiple IO APICs added to 4.0-RELEASE.
- old messages.
with the FreeBSD SMP kernel.
White Papers on FreeBSD SMP:
design issues for the kernel, documenting both current and future
White Papers on other SMP kernels:
The To-Do List.
- List of known working hardware.
userland program to examine the MP Spec Table on your motherboard.
Note that the most recent version of mptable will be found in
- Collection of mptable outputs.
The FreeBSD SMP Mail List:
- You can
subscribe to the FreeBSD mail list called 'freebsd-smp'
- You can
search the freebsd-smp mail archives
(be sure to click the 'SMP' button)
If you plan on hacking code you will want to gather some data manuals:
General Interest Documents:
Web sites of interest:
here for new files, updates, etc.
Your HELP Appreciated!
- Send links to useful information for inclusion in this page.
- Run one or more of the tests (listed above) and report the results.
- Volunteer to do some coding.
What would you like to see covered in this section? E-mail your ideas,
You can send mail to the SMP group:
BSD Daemon Copyright 1988 by Marshall Kirk McKusick. All Rights Reserved.